Thursday, March 30, 2006

Who's Less Evil?

Barry Bonds sucks. When I say "suck" I don't mean it in the way, like "Wow, remember when Scott Cooper made the all star team? Twice?!?! He SUCKED!" I mean more like, "Hey A-Rod, you SUCK! AND YOU HAVE PURPLE LIPS!"
So, I have no qualms with rooting against Barry Bonds to break the all time home run record. I've heard all I need to hear about his involvement with steroids to come to my decision. I don't care if every pitcher he faced was on steroids, I don't want him to break that record. But, for arguments sake, let's say he breaks it this year, then retires with, say, 760 home runs. The general public would be looking for someone (anyone?) clean (from steroids... not necessarily VD) to break Bonds' record.
Who's the best bet to do that? I'd put my money on Alex "Purple Lips" Rodriguez. He's only 30 years old, he's already hit 429 homeruns. The last five years he's averaged 48 homers a year. He'll probably be in his prime for about five more years. Give him 28 home runs over the next five years and that's another 240. Say he plays 'til he's 40 and average 30 homeruns from 36 through the end of his career. If that were to happen A-Rod could end his career with more than 800 home runs. And if his head hits a growth spurt like Bonds', we could be talking 1,000.
But the question is, could Red Sox fans get behind a hated Yankee to break such a sacred record?
I say yes. The record is too sacred to let a cheater like Bonds own. I think most Sox fans would agree; basically because we know that all of Mr. March's 800ish home runs will come in games that don't matter.

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Patterson said...

That was perfect.

 
At 6:19 PM, March 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! video editing programs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home